Search This Blog

Friday, May 9, 2014

Lemon Cuisine of India

My lovely date and future mother in law.
Dear Food Diary,

 Today I had two firsts.  I tried Indian food for the first time.  And I tried goat for the first time.  The place I went to was in Richmond.  It honestly didn't look like much from the outside.  But when I walked in I was pleasantly surprised.  Aside from the wonderful atmosphere, the waiters were friendly and attentive and the food was great.

One thing you must try is the naan, which is a type of flat bread.  And Lemon Cuisine has several varieties to choose from.  For my entree, I tried the goat biryani, which is a piquant rice based dish.  It's flavored with saffron, which to me is sharp, earthy, sweet, and hot... all at the same time.  After you taste it, close your eyes for a moment.  You might feel like you're in an outdoor bazaar right in the middle of India.

As the girl who ate Fredericksburg, I take my food seriously.  The first time I try a food, I want it to be special.  A night with candles and romance and imaginary Indian bazaars.  A night I'll always remember.  Mission accomplished Lemon Cuisine of India.

No comments:

Post a Comment