Search This Blog

Monday, October 7, 2013

Buffalo Wild Wings

I was pretty scared before the challenge.
Here I am, having signed the consent form.





















Dear Food Diary,

I did the Buffalo Wild Wing challenge today.  Twelve of their hottest wings in 6 minutes.  And you aren't allowed to drink anything or even wipe your mouth with a napkin.  I trained for a week by eating as much spicy food as I could get my hands on.  The day of the challenge I felt as prepared as i could be.  I didn't even brush teeth this morning in the hopes that a little morning mouth funk would protect my mouth.  Don't judge me, I had a challenge to win.  When I finally arrived I have to admit that I was a lot scared.  They even make you sign a waiver.  In case injury or even death.  They made it clear that if you vomited you would be disqualified.  I have to admit that during the course of the competition that became a real possibility.  But the worst part of the competition wasn't the spiciness.  It was the temperature of the wings.  All the food BWWs serves is piping hot.  Normally that's a good thing.  Unless you have to woof the food down in 6 minutes.  More than once I had to spit the piping hot chewed up wings back into my hand, blow on it, and stick it back in my mouth.  Yeah it was a pretty revolting picture.  It came down to the wire and I almost didn't finish in time.  But in the end the lady conducting the competition said those words I was waiting to hear "Ok, I'll give it to you."  Now if I had to watch that whole scene unfold as a nonparticipant, I would have totally been grossed out.  However, one of the customers who had to see the spectacle came and patted me on back and said "Good Job."  All in all, I wouldn't wish this competition on my worst enemy but it was certainly an experience.


So anyway, thanks for reading my food blog.  Once again this is the girl who ate Fredericksburg saying don't judge me.  Unless of course I'm in a Buffalo Wild Wings Competition and there's a t-shirt to be won, in that case, judge away.

No comments:

Post a Comment