Search This Blog

Sunday, October 20, 2013

Stalking Danny McBride - Part 1

WTF?!
Dear Food Diary,
I went on an adventure today.  I decided to start stalking Danny McBride.  It wasn't my fault.  I didn't come up with the idea on my own.  My boyfriend suggested it.  See Danny McBride is from Fredericksburg.  And my boyfriend came across a list of Danny McBride's favorite places to eat in his home town.  So my plan is to eat at all of them, one by one.  The next time you come to back home Danny, no matter where you eat, you'll feel my presence.  Oh you want to have some thai food from your favorite Fredericksburg Thai restaurant, the Bangkok Cafe?  Did you feel something when you walked in?  Know what that feeling is?  It's my presence.  Oh yes, it's there.


My presence is waiting for you Danny

And now for the food portion of our program.  I tried a few things from the Bangkok Cafe.  I tried their Wonton Soup, their Fresh Rolls, their Crispy Tofu Tod, and their Duck Wontons for appetizers.  It was all good but let me take a minute to describe the duck wontons properly to you.  If a serving of regular wontons had it's unborn baby genetically modified to be a super soldier in a Chinese food army, I believe this is what it would taste like.  To put it more simply they are exactly like regular won tons, only better.  For the entree I had the Bangkok Cafe Chicken, which was half a chicken specially marinated in Thai herb and garlic, served with sweet chili sauce.  It was delicious.  It was like they took the best roast chicken dish and the best roast duck dish and those had a baby that was roast perfection.

Basically there was a lot of baby having going on during my meal and it was scrumptious.


Once again, thanks for the reading my food diary.  This the girl who ate Fredericksburg saying, don't judge me.

No comments:

Post a Comment